Thursday, March 24, 2016

Evanescence

Now, that you've read my past articles you might be shocked why i included Evanescence here. I'm not just that girl that's always happy and doesn't cry and have meltdowns. In fact, if you know me personally, i am that girl who's always laughing and being funny--i think--always. And now i'll talk about my dark side. Dun dun dun.

I describe myself as a goth, it is a subculture, and before you judge, goths aren't completely gloomy and always sad just like what you see in Tumblr, if you're thinking that then you're stereotyping and being rude. Anyways, back to Evanescence.

Amy Lee is their lead singer and as i remember she is a goth plus she dresses in a gothy way (sorry, i don't know the right term :P). 


Why am i talking about goths though? *shrugs*

Okay, so i don't have a specific album to talk about because i don't know all their songs so i'm just going to base it off of what i listen to occasionally. Though i know most of their songs, i just don't know their whole albums altogether. Excuse me please :P


What i like about their songs is that it talks directly about something, also her vocals are so strong and i'm amazed at how long she can hold a note. I remember myself singing my heart out because i remember that at that time i was feeling a little heart broken (My Heart is Broken), and then one time i was feeling that i can do anything that i want (What You Want). And i use singing as a kind of therapy for myself to release my sadness when i think that i'm being used (Everybody's Fool).
From their music video, Call Me When You're Sober.

Some of you may know their songs, My Immortal and Bring Me To Life. Those were also the first two songs that i memorized. Their songs made me fall in love with them because i really like songs that deals or talks about experiences that people may have gone through. Plus, when i discovered them my interest in learning how to play the piano arose (from the dead XD).

I keep repeating the word 'songs' XD.

And that's it! I've told you about my different music tastes and how awkward i am :P. Thanks for reading ^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment